In 1711 this place was a house-built Church of the Resurrection of Princess Natalia Alekseevna. Nynyashnyaya church was built in 1817-1818 by the architect Luigi Rusca. October 24, 1818, Metropolitan of Novgorod and St. Petersburg Mikhail (Desnitsky) performed the rite of consecration of the new church
Church performed in the Empire style, interior space is organized in the form of a rotunda, dome which supports 24 Ionic columns
In 1920 -.. e years, the church has moved to Renovators. In 1932 the church was closed, the building was given to the Museum of the History of Religion. Since 1970, the building was occupied by the city branch Vserosssiyskogo Society for Protection of Historical and Cultural Monuments.
In 1993 the church resumed worship.