Blog

Blue bridge
Blue bridge

Blue Bridge-known for that is the widest in the world (almost 100 meters) He connects Kazan and the Admiralty Islands, but it almost nobody notices, because it is perceived visually as a part of the area. The bridge was built in the mid 18th century, and almost immediately was nzavan blue because of the color in which it was painted. Later it was rebuilt, making a three-span stone and, next arranged a kind of market where you can buy and sell serfs, he lasted until 1861. It should also pay...

Place the last duel Pushkin
Place the last duel Pushkin

Black River primarily famous because it was here that took place the last duel of the most famous Russian poet. At that time, there was nothing except a few wooden cottages, but many of St. Petersburg used this way if they had to go to Stone Island. Perhaps rivals specifically chose this place that they could interfere with someone, but it unfortunately did not happen. The exact place of the duel has been preserved as they were strictly forbidden and punished; so the only reference during the...

The defense of Leningrad Museum
The defense of Leningrad Museum

Defense of Leningrad Museum, occupies three buildings of the former Handicraft Museum. In December 1943, it was decided to set up the exhibition, which will Support the fighting spirit and a little bit to reduce the tense atmosphere that prevailed at that time. The whole year was a preparation for the opening, collected the trophy weapons and documents about the exploits of the inhabitants of the city; were displayed the most important events of the blockade of the city, the work of ”...

Church of the Three Hierarchs
Church of the Three Hierarchs

This small building is almost imperceptible for one of the oldest cathedrals in our city Andrew. However, built in 1760, it is almost the same age as the aforementioned church. Built in the Petrine Baroque style, it is dedicated to Basil the Great, Gregory the Theologian and John Chrysostom. The church was a temporary abode of all believers at the time of the construction of St. Andrew’s Church, here were transferred to the iconostasis, altar and other church items from the personal...

Museum of St. Petersburg bridge

Bridges Museum in St. Petersburg opened in 1992 on the basis of bridge-building unit №19. It functions as a branch of the Central Museum of Railway Transport, more open in 1813. museum exposition is located in six halls. She exhibited unique naturalistic models of road and rail bridges, and city bridges across the Neva and other rivers and canals. In addition to the models, visitors have the opportunity to see the thematic paintings, watercolors, photographs, drawings. Museum is located on...

Church of Holy Virgin
Church of Holy Virgin

Church of Holy Virgin, one of nemngoih Old Believer communities, which remained in our city. The law on religious tolerance was built a complex consisting of residential homes, nursing homes, chapels and churches. Surrounded by high walls, it is more like a fortress than a parish; within the same rigor and austerity-no ukraeshnii on the walls, simple wooden floors. Due to the fact that the temple was built relatively recently (in 1908) and technical progress is quite developed in the walls it...