In St. John are the relics of the patron saint and founder of the monastery, St. John of Kronstadt.
It was founded on the personal orders of Nicholas II in 1900 on the banks of the Karpovka River. It was originally planned to build only the temple, but because it was donated to another piece of land, then it built four-storeyed building with the cells and workshops. With the arrival of the Soviet regime the monastery was turned into a labor commune, nuns were sent to Kazakhstan, and the tomb of John the bricked. Only in 1991, after the restoration of the believers once again have the opportunity to see all the original beauty of the building and to venerate the relics of the saint.