Cathedral of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, was once the main residence of the Catholic Church in Russia.
In the mid-19th century, the church was moved from Mogilev in our city, together with the preservation of the name and related subjects. Due to the increased flow capacity of the temple worshipers increased to 1,500 people and changed vnuntrennee decoration. The negative attitude of the state to the Catholics was the fact that the building had to hide deep into the yard, behind other buildings. In addition to the cathedral, the seminary and the residence of the Archbishop it was also open. In 1930 the building was closed and after World War II handed design office. Reconstruction began in the late 20th century, so the seminary again moved from Moscow to our town. In addition to religious services in the cathedral organ music concerts and published the newspaper.