Swedish Church of St. Catherine, was formed after the division of the Finnish and Swedish religious communities.
It was built in 1767 on the site where it has provided the government. Mostly, accommodates only 300 people, it was built in the style of psevdoromanskom; later, when the number of parishioners increased, coming also need to be expanded, and in 1863 on the donations of all comers capacity was increased to 1,200 people, but the architecture because it is not affected. The church existed until 1934, while containing shelters, almshouse and a school. In 2005 the parish resumed its religious activities, but so far it is not included in the list of Swedish churches.