Shuvalov park is named after the Counts Shuvalov, the owners of the manor Pargolovskaya after Peter Ivanovich was granted in 1746 the title of Count.
With the death in 1903 of Prince Vorontsov, Shuvalov, the last of the younger kind of branch, land received in the inheritance of his husband sister Elizabeth, the Count Illarion Ivanovich Vorontsov-Dashkov. At that time, the park dimensions were 5799 tithes.
In the 1820s. at the behest of the Countess VP Shuvalov was completed redevelopment of the park, save it with these days to the present without big changes.
in 1912-15 in the park was built in neo-classical style building cottages Vorontsova-Dashkova. Since 1947, the Institute is located high-frequency currents named VP Vologdina. The whole area is located in the economic management of the Institute.