The first theater opened its doors on November 8, 1883. One of the “secrets” of the building is that the façade designed by Carlo Rossi in order to enter the building to the general ensemble of the square. The architect Alexander Bryullov, a connoisseur of art, created the “Magic Box”: that of the humble facade, theater, can only guess at the roof, where a dome above the auditorium is visible high box scene. Today the theater, keeping faithful to the age-old traditions of the Russian musical culture, confidently keeps abreast of contemporary world theater process. In the theater fully restored ceremonial decoration.