Annunciation bridge and better known as the bridge of Lieutenant Schmidt.
He first came here in 1727 to connect the Vasilevsky Island and the central part of the city. At first it was wooden, pontoon; Only a hundred years later the bridge was built from cast iron with an already familiar Petersburgers railings decorated with seahorses and tridents. His name he got from being next to the oldest Church of the Annunciation. In 1930, it was upgraded as no longer cope with the increased flow of water and road transport, the swing was the center rather than the right side as it was before, the width of the bridge has increased in 2 times raza.Posledny change it in 2007, removed the tram rails , set a new hydraulic drive and returned to the historical appearance.