Church of the Annunciation, one of the oldest in our city.
It was built in 1750 instead of the wooden church, standing on the same spot. According zhelananiyu customers, merchants Chirkina building had to be similar to the Cathedral of the Transfiguration, but construction was delayed for ten years; Later it was annexed chetyrehyarusnaya bell tower height of 42 meters, which is still the highest on Vasilyevsky Island. In the middle of the 19th century the church was transferred to the Novodevichy Monastery, and later there was founded the city’s first public assistance to the poor. In 1936 the church was closed, almost all of the interior was destroyed, survived only iconostasis, which was transferred to another temple and nekolko icons who took local women. In 1992, at the request of the Metropolitan of St. Petersburg parish returned to the believers, but there is still undergoing restoration.