English Park, the oldest and largest in Peterhof.
It was created in 1720 with the dammed creek, which was later turned into a pond. This area has attracted wild boars, which are eliminated on the orders of Catherine II. It is this pond became the basis for the pledged park and palace for imperatorshi. Unfortunately, the three-storey building to the present day has not been preserved, it has alternately been a barracks, a guest house for foreign visitors and the sanatorium, but the Second World War was destroyed by shelling. But so was named the Birch House, a small six-room building is nondescript from the outside, but sophisticated inside. After the death of Catherine II, all unfinished buildings were demolished and the materials were given to the erection of Roman fountains.